The Employment Document Company™ is committed to preserving the privacy of its customers and maintaining the security of any personal data which we receive from you.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from you to enable us to do business with you:
- Any personal details you type in or submit to us including your name, address, email address, telephone number and such like.
- Your IP address and the pages you view on our website, which is logged by our web server.
- Where you express any preferences or request information from us, this will be recorded.
- Where we have sent you any information or emails, we will record this and the information we have sent to you.
- Cookies to make your use of the website as easy as possible and to enable us to serve you properly when you use our website. Our cookies do not record personal information. If you would prefer to disable cookies, you can do this on your computer's browser settings but your use of our site, and many others will be heavily hindered. The cookies we use are as follows:
SessionID. Our webhosting may automatically create a "SessionID" so that it knows what pages to serve to you. If you sign in or register on our website, the SessionID is what links your computer to your active log in. This is standard industry practice.
- Basket Storage. If you choose to add something to your basket, our system may store your basket contents using a cookie so they remain in your basket as you browse our website. In some cases, they may still appear in your basket if you leave our website and return later.
- Google and Bing Analytics. At our request, Google and Bing Search may create a cookie to track your usage of our website. We do not collect any personal data using these cookies but we do monitor what software you use and the web pages you visit to enable us to improve our website.
If you buy any products from us using our e-commerce website, we do not collect any information about your payment card number, expiry date, issue number or security number. All this information is handled by our accredited payment bureaux, SagePay and Evalon in a secure environment using industry standard encryption.
If you buy any products from us by ordering on the telephone we will use information about your payment card number, expiry date, issue number and security number but this information will not be held by us and will instead be immediately input to our online terminal where it is not available to us after we have processed any payment. Where essential and unavoidable, this information will be securely shredded by us in our offices and will never be stored, passed to any other person or organisation, except our accredited payment bureaux, SagePay and Elavon to enable you to pay for the products.
What we do with your information
The Employment Document Company
Our address is:
The Employment Document Company
Unit 1B Whitebridge Estates
Telephone 01785 811905
The person to contact for Data Protection and GDPR purposes is The Managing Director at the above address and contact details.
2. What sort of personal data do we collect?
The personal data collected depends on how you use our website. You can browse the site, you can fill in forms on the website to request information from us, download documents from us or you can subscribe to our emails and other activities. The website collects personal data to provide these services.
We collect information about you when you instruct us to provide advice; visit our website; subscribe to our newsletters or to receive our publications and engage in business dealings with us. This will include such information as (this list is not exhaustive):
· Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us;
· Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
· Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password (although your password is only held on our servers and is not at any time visible to us for security reasons);
· Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
· Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
· Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you send to us or you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
3. What we do with your personal data?
When you visit our website, a record of your visit is made. This data includes your device’s IP address. That data is used completely anonymously, in order to determine the number of people who visit our website and the most frequently used sections of the site. This enables us to continually update and refine the site. If you use any forms on the website to send an email to us, a record will also be made of your email address and your telephone number. If you visit our website having searched for us using any search term and arrived at our website by using a search engine, such as Google or Bing, those search engines will also collect information about your device’s IP address, the time that you visit our site, the duration of your visit and other information relevant to your visit. This information is held and processed by the search engine company, but we have access to some of this information in an anonymous form to assist us in analysing access to our website and improving its offering to you and our customers.
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
· : You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
· : The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
· : We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
· : Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
· : The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
· : Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
· : The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
· : We are required to process your personal information by law.
The following table sets out how we handle your personal data and our legal basis for doing so under GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What we do
Our legal basis under GDPR
Use the personal data that you provide on our web forms and questionnaires
Article 6(1)(b) – when you provide us with your personal data, for instance to obtain a quote for our services, this is a necessary step to take at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
Provide our core services of provision and selling of employment documentation
Article 6(1)(b) – this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, our data subject
Contact you regarding the services we provide
Article 6(1)(f) – we need to contact you for our legitimate interests so that we can gather more information for the provision of our services, or to deliver those services most effectively
Retain your data under our data retention policy after your contract has expired
Article 6(1)(f) – we need to retain your personal data for only as long as necessary under the law to protect our legitimate interests
The following table sets out the categories of personal data that we obtain.
Name, postal address, email address, website, identification number, location data, online identifier – these are classed as personal data
This data is provided by you on our web forms and questionnaires, if subscribe to one of our newsletters, request a service from us or as part of the provision of your existing contractual services.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose the information collected to compile statistical data and to maintain our database, develop/improve our website, respond to any email enquiries, notify you of any upcoming marketing, other events that you have opted in to, provide you with services and documentation, manage quality control, manage systems administration, attend to compliance issues, provide you or your organisation with advice.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose which is not related (or in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the above purposes without your consent unless otherwise authorised, required or permitted under the laws of England and Wales. The Company does not sell your data to third parties.
If you no longer wish to receive information about our services, please send unsubscribe from our email list by use of the link on any marketing email or email us at the email address above advising us that you do not wish to receive further information.
5. Will we disclose your data?
The Employment Document Company, together with Greystones HR Consulting are wholly owned subsidiaries of Flather and Company Limited. Your personal data will be shared within these three companies only for trading, marketing, administrative and other legitimate group processes and procedures requiring the use of this information.
Personal data will only be disclosed on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide services such as financial or administrative services in connection with the operation of our business; and to any person (where necessary) in connection with their services, such as law enforcement, regulatory authorities, partners or advisors; or to companies within the holding company of Flather and Company Limited which is located at the same address as The Employment Document Company in the UK.
The handling of these operations is governed by a data processing contract between us and our external service provider, ensuring a commitment to the principals of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We ensure external service providers are only authorised to use personal data for the limited purposes specified in our agreement with them.
6. Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of the Employment Document Company from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where we have your consent, or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this through the post or email.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but if you receive a service from us we may still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by contacting us at the above address either by letter or email.
Please note that it can take up a little while for all marketing to stop once you either withdraw your consent or tell us you’d like to opt out of marketing. This is because some marketing may already be in transit.
7. How long we keep your personal data?
Personal data from our data subjects is retained in line with our data retention policy. The Company keeps most data for 7 years, which covers the 6 years by law in which we have to keep certain information for a minimum of 6 years plus the current year. Personal data that is no longer necessary to be kept under our Company’s data retention policy will be deleted.
8. Your Rights
You have the following rights in relation to personal data held on you by the Company:
· The right to be informed about how personal data is used – (this notice)
· The right to access a copy of personal data that the Company holds about you
· The right to rectification of any errors in personal data held by the Company
· The right to erasure of any personal data
· The right to restrict processing
· The right to data portability
· The right to object
· Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling
If you wish to learn more about these rights and how they operate, please look at the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
The Company does not operate any automated decision-making systems.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data please email email@example.com or write to our Managing Director at Unit 1B, Whitebridge Estates, Whitebridge Lane, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 8LQ. Proof of your identity may be required for security purposes.
If you are unhappy with the response that you receive from us when you exercise your GDPR rights or Data Protection Act 2018 rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the ICO. More guidance about raising a complaint with us is available on the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ and for raising a complaint with the ICO, more information is available on https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of this website and compile reports for us on activity on the website. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States and the transfer of the data to servers in the USA is governed by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. More information about Google’s compliance with GDPR can be obtained from their website https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
10. Other websites
11. How to contact us
The Employment Document Company
Unit 1B Whitebridge Estates
Telephone 01785 811905